Saturday, April 13, 2013

8 Sentence Sunday

The continuing adventures of Alice and The Black Knight of Gray Cross whereby our heroine awakens to find herself centuries in the past and alone in a room with a strange man:

“Indeed, I must insist you tell me your name and explain your presence on my lands.”

Her mouth opened before she clamped it shut again, spine straightening in defiance. She glared at him for a moment.
“I asked you first.”
He laughed with delight and stood, caring not that water lapped over the edges to pool on the floor.

“Very well, wench, I shall tell you.” He stepped out of the tub, wrapping a towel around his waist. “I am Nicholas Warde, the Second Earl of Gray Cross.”

www.wewriwa.com

8 comments:

  1. OOh, can't wait for the reaction to him stepping out of the tub. Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she can do something with that information, and distract herself from the effect of him leaving the tub LOL. Terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been quite a sight! Brave girl. Looking forward to the next instalment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that is exactly what I was thinking. Loved the snippet. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, do my comments appear here, India? I checked to see if it posted and I I don't see it.

    Oh well, I'd rather comment twice than have you think I didn't stop and read. :-)

    This is wonderful! And I want to read the book. Is it available for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great meeting! Bet she was surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh... what's going on here? I'm curious, the Second Earl.

    ReplyDelete